Honda S2000 Modified Project Cars

Here we are with new Modified cars . we know that it is what most of us truly passionate about. it is how to add a new part onto your car that makes it a rewarding process.T build up is just as fun as driving the car thereafter. At Modified, our whole team, including myself have always been passionate about building cars and making them go fast. That’s why for this month’s entry I wanted to give you an inside look at some of the cars we are building.



for this Time Attack Project S2000. It is being built with no expense spared to be a real contender in the unlimited RWD class in our Super Lap Battle series. Exterior wise, this is what the S2K currently looks like. With an APR wing, a Spoon rear hatch, J’s racing front bumper and front and rear fenders, the aero department seems to be covered.

It started off life as an AP1 Honda S2000 and quickly had a real roll cage welded in.

Then came some air jacks, which will aid in quick tire changes and make it much easier to work on the car in the pits.

A full certified fire suppression system has been installed as well. You can’t be too safe out there and incase there is a fire in the car, this system can save the life of the driver and the car itself.

Andrew Wojteczko who owns and is currently building the S2K decided that a wider track would be necessary so the rear fender wells were cut away and sealed up to accommodate the wider rubber and J’s Racing over fenders.

While the engine is being built for a Full-Race turbo setup, a Quaife sequential dog-box transmission has been sourced. It will allow quicker and more precise shifts and hold up to the increased power output of the engine. Here is it mated to the engine, ready to be dropped into the bay and mocked up.

Be sure to check out future issues to see how this build comes together. Even for myself, it’s been quite a treat to see and read about the entire process of building a car of this caliber.

Next up is my own 1999 Acura Integra GS-R. It started life as a theft recovery car that I bought sight unseen at an auction. To say it was a bit rough around the edges would be an understatement. It was beat up pretty bad but I vowed I would bring it back from the dead and build a fun track car.

This is what it looked like when I bought it. It was vandalized with key marks all over the body, the tires were going flat, and the engine was not a GS-R but rather an LS B18B. Someone slapped this car back together to sell it off quickly.

One of the first mods I did was change the front end out in favor of the JDM counterpart. I have never been a fan of the rounded lights on the Integra and the JDM front end looks so much better in my opinion. I also decided to rattle it since I couldn’t rock a white/black paint combo on the street. The results were surprisingly good. The paint you see in the first photo is how it still looks today.

Before I bought the car I knew that I wanted to do a K20A engine swap because of its incredible power potential and reliability factor on the track. It wasn’t a very easy swap to do but with the help of Hybrid Racing who supplied me with a lot of the essential parts for the conversion, and a couple good friends, my Integra was now K20 equipped.

I had the car tuned at Church Automotive and it belted out a solid 228whp and 173ft-lbs of torque.

Here is the K-Tuned header glowing red hot on the dyno!

One of the reasons why I chose the K20 over the K24, which makes much better torque, was its ability to rev so high. On stock valve train I am able to touch 9000rpm!

Before I hit the track with the new mods and engine setup I needed a good alignment and Evasive Motorsports took care of that quite handily.

Finally, this is how the car looks in track trim. Some 15x7-inch Volk CE28n’s with 225/45R15 Nitto NT01 tires replace the 17-inch SSR Type-F wheels that I use on the street.

This is the current state of the Integra. I am currently having a half cage put into the car and a proper bucket seat courtesy of Sparco. I hope to add some Seibon carbon parts to lighten the car up and I desperately need a proper LSD which will come soon enough.

My other project car and now daily driver is a 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR. My Integra became too uncomfortable to drive on the street so this was the perfect replacement.

It didn’t stay stock for very long. In fact with only 500 miles on the engine it was already on the RRE dyno making pulls. On this particular run we were testing the 3-inch Cobb Tuning exhaust and AMS intercooler. It made 340whp and 348 ft-lbs of torque.I’m trying to keep the engine bay very clean and tidy. Those Samco hoses will soon be replaced with black ones for an even stealthier look.

I also had the entire dash ripped apart already to install some Defi Advance CR gauges.

source http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03/28/magazine-blog-modified-gt-gt-an-inside-look-at-our-project-cars.aspx
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment